1/2cupfruit (i used the already dried ones and they worked well. blueberries and strawberries usually work well tsp)
You will need 3 bowls. 1 small, 1 medium, 1 large.
You'll need a wisk, an electric beater, a large wooden mixing spoon, a fork, a cutting knife, aluminum foil and wide surface space.
1. Make shure oven rack is centered.
Preheat the oven to 400 degreese F. Pam spray a 9x5x3 loaf pan and one side of the aluminum foil. Poke holes into the center or the foil.
2. Smash the bananas with the fork, in the medium bowl[ it is ok for bananas to have small lumps]. Then add the spices, maple, and the fruit pith [finely chopped].
3. Sift flower in a small bowl. Then use the wisk to stir in the fruits and nuts.-this prevents them from sinking.
4. In the large bowl cream the Smartbutter with the electric beater adding in the splenda a little at a time untill fluffy.
5. Add the egg whites into the mixture one at a time, beating beating well after each addition.
6. Add the applesauce and then the lemon juice into the creamed mixture, using the electric beater.
7. With the fork add the banana mix into the large mix untill combined.
8. Mix baking powders into the dry ingredients with the wisk and then add them into the large mix. Mix them slowly with large wooden spoon JUST UNTILL FLOWER DISAPEARS. Over mixing is the worst that can happen.Also don't wate too long to put it in the oven.
9. Pour the mix into the pan using the wooden spoon. cover the loaf pan with the aluminum, but make it like a large arch on the top. Then quickly put it in the oven closing it as soon as possible.
10. After about 10 minutes lower temperature to 325 and leave it there for 50 min.- I like to use the alarm on my phone or you can use a citchen timer to make shure the times are exact.
11. When time is up,check with a rod and see if it comes out clean. Ir it does, take in out. if it doesen't then just leave it there for another few minutes and then take it out and let it set for 15 minute in the loaf pan. Then take it out onto the serving dish and let it set till it comepletely cools of. about 8 minutes.
12. I cliced it streight across and got about 8 large servings but you can also cut it in half long wayse and then cut across that to get smaller slices. It serves well with anything. Many like it with honey, but it can go with any meal.