* Take a half-pound of short-grain or pudding rice and soak it for 30 minutes. Drain and rinse it. Put the rice in a pan, cover it with water, and cook, uncovered, until almost all the water has been absorbed.
* Stir in 4 cups milk and simmer gently until the mixture thickens.
* Add 1 lb of sugar, and salt cook it gently for 23 to minutes, stirring occasionally.
* It should be thicker than a pouring consistency, but not solid.
* Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla extract pour the mixture into an small bowl sprinkle on the cinnamon Serve at cold