1. Heat oven to 300°F. Place toasted almonds in food processor bowl; cover and process just until finely ground. Set aside.
2. Beat egg yolks in large bowl until thick and lemon colored. Gradually add 1 cup sugar, beating until thick. Stir in water and orange peel. Stir together potato starch, cocoa and cake meal; fold into yolk mixture. Fold in ground almonds.
3. Beat egg whites and salt in separate large bowl on medium speed until foamy. Gradually add remaining 1/4 cup sugar in small amounts, beating until stiff peaks form. Gently fold about 1 cup egg white mixture into yolk mixture; fold all yolk mixture into remaining whites. Pour into ungreased 10-inch tube pan; spread evenly.
4. Bake 30 minutes. Without opening oven door, increase oven temperature to 325°F. Bake 15 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly. Invert cake on heat-proof funnel or bottle. Cool completely.
5. Carefully run knife along side of pan to loosen cake; remove from pan. Garnish as desired. Serve with COCOA-ORANGE SAUCE, if desired. 12 to 16 servings.
COCOA-ORANGE SAUCE: Combine 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa in medium saucepan. Add 2/3 cup water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to full boil; boil, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add 1/4 to 3/4 teaspoon freshly grated orange peel; cook 1 minute. Cool to room temperature. About 1 cup sauce.