Christmas punch recipes ideas
Punch is a traditional Christmas dessert drink in many European countries from which the tradition spread all over the world. It is easy to cook, it is good for health, it tastes delicious and has amazingly rich aroma. Another great thing about this drink is that there are so many different recipes of punch that you can try several of new ones every year. And, oh, it is so pleasant to share comfortable homishness with friends and family sipping flavored hot beverage at cold Christmas night! So, let’s learn a few new recipes of Christmas punch which we have gathered in this useful collection from different countries of the world.
The special thing about the following recipe is that it’s based on using gelatin, which is quite rare ingredient in classic recipes of punch. In contrast to hot punch this drink should be served refrigerated so it will help you to quench your thirst during a hot Christmas party!
- Add 2 cups of boiling water to 1 (6 oz) box of strawberry Jell-o gelatin dessert and stir to completely dissolve.
- Add 2 cups of cold water and 1 cup of sugar to the Jell-o and mix well.
- Add fruit juices one at a time,mixing well (you need 6 oz of frozen orange juice, 6 oz of frozen lemonade and 1 (46 oz) can of pineapple juice).
- Pour into two 1 qt containers and freeze in freezer.
- When ready to serve,put the slightly thawed mixture into a large punchbowl and crush with a large fork. Pour 1 liter of ginger ale over mixture and add a pint of fresh sliced strawberries.
You are sure to enjoy the following recipe because it requires little time for preparation and includes a small number of ingredients. Even if the guests happen to come unexpectedly, you can always treat them with this tasty Christmas punch of fast preparation.
- Pour 1 gallon of apple cider in a large coffee maker.
- Add 1 cup of brown sugar into the basket, along with 3/4 cup of red cinnamon candies and 3 cinnamon sticks.
- Perk and serve hot.
This is another recipe for chilled punch, which differs from the previous one in great number of fruit flavors mixed up in a perfect refreshing combination. This punch has all chances to catch the fancy of those who don’t like plenty of spices in the beverage.
- In a punch bowl, combine 1/2 cup of white sugar, 2 cups of orange juice and 2/3 cup of lemon juice. Stir until sugar dissolves. Add 1 (4 oz) jar of maraschino cherries with juice, 1 fl oz of triple sec liqueur, 1 (750 ml) bottle of light rum, slices of 1 orange and 1 lemon, as well as1 (8 oz) can of pineapple chunks. Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- Pour in 1 liter of carbonated water and add ice just before serving.
The special feature of this punch is not quite usual combination of tastes including citrus fruit and almond extract. The additional novelty is added to the punch by pineapple sherbet that is a part of the recipe. The result is a delicious refreshing drink stuffed with vitamins!
- Dissolve 3 cups of sugar and 1 (6 oz) package of cherry Jell-O in 3 cups of boiling water. Stir well.
- Add the juices (1 (46 oz) can of pineapple juice, 2 (6 oz) cans of orange juice concentrate and the same amount of limeade concentrate (both frozen)). Add 1 tbsp of almond extract.
- Pour4 1/2 cups of cold water and stir well (you can use another 2 cups of water if you think the punch is too strong for your taste).
- Place this mixture in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Prior to serving, pour the refrigerated mixture into your punch bowl.
- SLOWLY stir in the sherbet, then the ginger ale (you need 1/2 gallon of pineapple sherbet and 2 quarts of ginger ale).
- Stir slightly to mix before serving.
Beautiful color, excellent aroma and rich flavor that blends notes of citrus, pineapple and cranberry – don’t you want to treat your friends and family with such a wonderful drink? It's very simple and quick to prepare, which adds to the attractiveness of the recipe.
- Pour all of the juices together in a big punch bowl (take 2 quarts of cranberry juice and the same quantity of lemonade and pineapple juice).
- Add about2 quarts of carbonated lemon-lime beverage or 2 quarts of ginger ale to give the punch a kick, but not so much that the flavor of the juices is diluted.
Cranberry and several kinds of citrus fruit in the recipe make this punch an effective refreshing drink that is very useful at a hot Christmas party. Traditional cinnamon provides a pleasant smell and is clearly associated with Christmas.
- Simmer 2 cups of water, 1 1/2 cups of sugar and 4 cinnamon sticks together for 10 minute Refrigerate overnight.
- Chill juices (3 cups of cranberry juice, 2 1/2 cups of orange juice and 1 cup of lemon juice) and 1 1/2-2 quarts of carbonated lemon-lime beverage.
- At serving time remove cinnamon sticks and combine juice and syrup. Add ice cubes and serve.
This wonderful recipe provides a delicious mix of fruit flavors and such a familiar Christmas smell of cinnamon. This punch is very simple to prepare, and its warmth and sweet-sour taste will be appreciated by your guests both old and young ones.
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine juices (32 oz of cranberry juice and the same amount of pineapple juice), 1/3 cup of red-hot candies and 1 cinnamon stick.
- Cook on low for 2-5 hrs. Discard cinnamon stick before serving.
It's time to recall about hot punch that will be very useful at cold Christmas night. Unlike previous recipes based on alcoholic beverages, this punch includes hot tea and various juices allowing you to safely treat children along with adults.
- Place 1 quart of brewed tea and the same amount of apple, orange and pineapple juice in a 6-qt. slow cooker. Add 1 package (9 oz) of red-hot candies.
- Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until heated through and candies are melted, stirring occasionally.
The following recipe includes ice cream as an unusual ingredient for chilled punch. This feature adds sweet taste and extraordinary look to the festal drink. But you should keep in mind the only important thing - you have to prepare the punch just before serving.
- In a 8-qt. punch bowl, combine 1 can (46 oz) of unsweetened pineapple juice, 5-1/4 cups of tropical fruit punch and 1 bottle (32 oz) of cranberry juice (all the ingredients should be chilled).
- Slowly stir in 1 bottle (2 liters) of chilled ginger aleand ice cream (you need 1 pint of strawberry ice cream, softened). Serve immediately.
Do you want more unhackneyed recipes of punch? The next one is for you! Decorated with sherbet this punch looks so attractively that your guests won’t be able to resist the temptation to try it even if you are going to feed them to the full with many other festive meals.
- In a 2-qt. container, combine 4-1/2 cups of tropical punch and juices (1 cup of cranberry juice, 1 can (6 oz) of pineapple juice, 1/3 cup of lemon juice).
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Just before serving, transfer to a small punch bowl. Stir in 2 to 3 cups of chilled ginger ale; top with scoops of sherbet (you need 1 pint of raspberry sherbet).