Top 10 Christmas recipes gifts
Can food play the role of a gift for Christmas? Of course, it can! Moreover, it is a nod to the old traditions, when at Christmas it was common to treat one another with Christmas meals such as gingerbread, marzipan loaves, candies, gilded nuts and other kinds of food which differ depending on a country. And nowadays this tradition is still alive and rather common among the people who prefer to present gifts made by their own hands. Different kinds of cakes, sweets, jams are welcomed gifts in many homes especially when they are beautifully decorated in accordance with Christmas theme. So we’d like to contribute several nice ideas to your «piggy-bank» of Christmas recipes.
Christmas Gift Loaf Recipe
This flavored loaf looks great and tastes sweet as if symbolizing dolce vita of the coming year. The recipe includes all traditional ingredients for Christmas bakery food such as cinnamon, ginger, nuts and nutmeg. Icing adds to the festive look of the loaf, so you can feel proud for baking such a wonderful loaf. It’ll take some time to cook the gift but it’s really rewarding.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together 1/2 cup of softened butter and 1 cup of sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in 2 eggs one at a time, mixing well after each one. Combine 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 tsp of baking soda, 1/2 tsp of salt, 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg and 1/4 tsp of ground ginger. Stir the dry ingredients into the sugar mixture alternately with the pumpkin puree (3/4 cup), beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chips (6 oz of semi-sweet chocolate chips) and 3/4 cup ofchopped walnuts until evenly distributed. Spoon into the prepared loaf pan, and sprinkle the remaining ¼ of walnuts over the top.
- Bake for 65 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted into the crown of the loaf comes out clean. Cool, then remove from the pan, and drizzle with icing.
- To make the icing, stir together 1/4 cup of confectioners' sugar and 2 tbsp of heavy cream with a pinch of ground cinnamon and nutmeg until smooth.
Christmas Gift Cake Recipe
Cakes are one of the most popular foods among eatable Christmas gifts and this cake with vanilla flavor and delicate aroma is sure to become a great gift for someone you love. The recipe wins due to its simplicity and clarity while includes common and affordable ingredients.
- Line two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans with waxed paper. Prepare one packages of chocolate cake mix of regular size according to the instructions on the package. Pour into one prepared pan. Repeat with the second cake mix. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Gently peel waxed paper from cakes. Trim tops to level cake.
- In a large bowl, cream 1 cup of softened butter and the equal quantity of shortening until light and fluffy. Beat in 2 tsp of vanilla extract. Gradually add 8 cups of confectioners' sugar alternately with milk (6 to 8 tbsp), beating well after each addition. Remove 2 cups of frosting to a bowl; tint red. Referring to diagram below, cut each cake. (Save remaining cake pieces for another use.)
- Place one large cake layer on a 16-in. x 12-in. covered board. Frost top with 1/3 cup of white frosting; top with second large layer. Frost top and sides white. Top with one medium cake layer; frost top with 1/3 cup of white frosting. Top with remaining medium layer; frost top and sides red. Top with small cake layer; spread top with white frosting. Top with remaining small layer; frost top and sides white.
- For ribbon, cut one fruit roll into a 19-in. long strip; set aside remaining piece. Starting at the bottom short side of the cake, center fruit roll and drape over each layer, ending at bottom of opposite side. Cut another fruit roll into a 15-in. strip; set aside remaining piece. Repeat draping for the long side.
- For the bow, cut a 12-in. and 3-in. strip from a reserved fruit strip. Loop each end of the 12-in. strip toward center; pinch together to seal. With the 3-in. strip, form a circle. Place in center of bow and press to hold. Place on cake. Insert 1-1/4-in. foil balls inside bow loops and a 3/4-in. foil ball inside center loop to hold open. Cut the remaining fruit strip into four 3-1/2-in. strips; cut a V in one end of each. Tuck straight ends under base of bow. Decorate cake with candies. Remove foil balls just before serving.
Christmas Gift Bread Recipe
It is really easy to bake tasty Christmas bread following the instructions given in the next recipe. In the end you’ll get soft, fresh and flavored bread with sesame seeds. The bread retains its freshness and original flavor for a long time.
- Combine the 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour, 1 cup of unbleached flour, 3/4 cup of wheat germ,1/2 cup of dried milk powder,2 tbsp of sesame seeds, the equal quantity of brown sugar,1 tbsp of baking powder,1/2 tsp of baking soda and 1 tsp of salt.
- Stir in 1 3/4 cup of water,mixing well.
- Butter 4 1-lb shortening cans.
- Pour in the batter.
- Smooth tops.
- Cover each tightly with foil.
- Bake at 350`f for 40 to 50 minutesor until tops are golden brown.
- Immediately remove bread from cans.
- Cool on racks.
Christmas Gift Chocolate Fudge Recipe
This is a very fresh solution to present sweet and delicate chocolate fudge made of milk, sugar and butter at Christmas. The main feature of this recipe is the amazing combination of marshmallow crème, vanilla and nuts. It’s not difficult to cook and you’re sure to like it.
- In a deep saucepan combine 4-1/2 cup of sugar, 1-2/3 cup of evaporated milk 1/2 lb of butter or margarine.
- Cook to softball stage, stirring constantly & scraping sugar crystals from sides of pan (9 min).
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in 3- 6 oz package semi-sweet chocolate pieces until partially melted.
- Blend in 1 tbsp of vanilla &1- 8 oz jar marshmallow crème.
- Stir in 2 cup of nuts.
- Turn into buttered 9 x 13 x 2 pan.
- Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours or overnight.
- Cut in squares.
Christmas Gift Brandied Apricots Recipe
The only disadvantage of this recipe is that you should start preparing brandied apricots at least three weeks before Christmas. But in fact it is a very simple recipe that requires minimum time and effort. And the result will please you with exquisite taste of both brandy marinade and apricots.
- Mix equal parts of sugar, brandy and vodka, then place in a large jar with a tight fitting lid. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the dried apricots and make sure they are completely covered with the liquids.
- Turn jar over and shake well, every few days for about 3 weeks.
- After 3 weeks, remove the apricots from the marinade, dry very well on paper towels and dip on edge into melted chocolate chips
- Place on wax paper to dry and firm the apricots. The liquor can be put into decorative bottles and used as a brandy to pour over fruit or ice cream.
Epiphany / Christmas Cookies Aka: Wisemen Gifts Recipe
This wonderful cookie stuffed with chocolate and sprinkled with sugar of different colors will create a real furor among both children and adults. To earn more praise you can create different patterns on cookie like spirals, flowers or criss-cross shapes.
- Combine1 cup of butter and the same quantity of creamy peanut butter with 1 cup of brown sugar and1 cup of granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add 2 eggs one-at-a-time and blend well, then add1 tsp of vanilla.
- In a large bowl, mix 3 1/2 cups of flour, 1 tsp of baking soda and 1/2 tsp of salt, then add to butter-egg mixture, mixing well to blend.
- Cover dough; chill for 2-3 hours.
- Take 1 (16 oz) bag of candy bars, bite size (like Dove, Reeses, Andes mints, Milky way or Snickers) and unwrap chocolates.
- Preheat oven to 325. Grease two cookie sheets.
- Divide dough into 1 tablespoon pieces, roll into a ball and flatten in hand.
- Place one piece of chocolate candy in center, pull cookie dough up and around, forming a ball shape.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- Divide cooled cookies into three equal sets. Take 2 1/4 oz of yellow sugar (gold ) and the same amount of blue sugar (frankincense) and red sugar (myrrh).Using a cake decorator writing tip or a zipper bag with the corner cut off, filled with butter cream frosting, decorate the tops of the sets as follows:
- Set 1 over each cookie: spiral around the top; immediately sprinkle with one of the colored sugars.
- Set 2 over each cookie: make a stylized flower shape (like a daisy or a posy); sprinkle with one of the other colors.
- Set 3: make a criss-cross woven shape; sprinkle with remaining colored sugar.
- Set cookies aside in a single layer to dry.
- Store in covered container with waxed paper between layers.
Angel's Gift Recipe
This dessert is as gentle and delicate as a touch of an angel so it deserves its place on the Christmas table. The refreshing taste of peppermint is mixed with sweet white chocolate making the dessert quite unusual but still delicious. And you’ll like its simplicity, too!
- Melt 6 oz of white chocolate baking squares for 75 seconds.
- Take out and stir it.
- Crush 20 peppermint candies.
- Mix it with the chocolate.
- Make the mix flat.
- Put it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Gift Cake Recipe
Do you like desserts based on cream cheese? Then you are sure to be filled with admiration for this recipe that gives you a chance to bake tasty cakes with cherries and nuts. Yes, you’ll get several cakes of small size at once and so you can make gifts for several people!
- Combine 8 oz of cream cheese and 1 cup of butter.
- Add 4 eggs, 1 at a time.
- Mix this with combined 1 1/2 cups of sugar and 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- Add 2 1/4 cups of flour and 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder mix until everything is smooth.
- Add 3/4 cup of cut up and drained cherries as well as 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts.
- Grease 3 -1 lb coffee cans with Pam spray.
- Divide batter into the coffee cans and bake at 325°F for 1 hour.
Gift Box Cake Recipe
You’ll have to expend some effort for cooking this magnificent cake with a wonderful decoration of Christmas theme. But if you're up to the challenge, you’ll deserve well-merited applause of those people whom you are going to please with this amazingly beautiful and delicious gift.
- Beat up 1/2 cup of soften butter and the same amount of shortening at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until creamy; gradually add 2 cups of sugar, beating well.
- Combine 2/3 cup of water and milk. Add 3 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 tbsp of baking powder and 1 tsp of salt; add to sugar mixture alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in 2 tbsp ofvanilla extract and 1 tsp of almond extracts.
- Beat 6 egg whites at high speed until stiff peaks form; fold into batter. Pour into 3 greased and floured 8-inch square baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- Reserve 2 cups Powdered Sugar Frosting.
- Spread 1/2 cup frosting into an 8-inch square on cake plate.
- Spread remaining frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake.
- Unroll fruit rolls (do not remove paper backing), and brush with water (you need 3 (4.5-oz.) packages chewy fruit rolls by the foot). Sprinkle with 1/3 cup of white sparkling sugaror edible glitter; let stand for 15 minutes.
- Cut four (12-inch-long) strips from fruit rolls. Remove paper backing, and arrange on top and sides of cake, pressing gently into frosting, to resemble a ribbon.
- Spoon 1/2 cup reserved frosting onto center of cake, forming a 3-inch mound.
- Cut remaining fruit rolls into 4-inch pieces; remove paper backing. Fold each piece in half, resembling the loop of a bow; press cut ends into frosting mound, creating a large bow on top of cake. Place 2 gingerbread men cookies on each side of cake.
- Spoon 1 1/2 cups reserved frosting into a decorating bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe a border around bottom edge of cake.
- Note: You can also make this cake with 2 (18.25-oz.) packages white cake mix and 4 (16-oz.) containers ready-to-spread frosting. Make the gingerbread men using your favorite recipe or a gingerbread mix, or buy the cookies from your local bakery.
Gift-Wrapped Chicken Recipe
Though it is common to present recipes of desserts at Christmas, you are free to please your friends or members of your family with any meal you’d like. For example, with this cool chicken recipe that tastes as nice as it looks. Cranberry sauce and coat of phyllo dough make this dish really festive and unhackneyed.
- Take 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts and cut each of them in half the short way. Then pound each piece to flatten slightly and sprinkle with salt and pepper (about 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp of pepper).
- Place one tablespoon of cranberry sauce and one tablespoon of unmelted butter on each of 4 pieces of chicken breast (in general you need about 1/4 cup of whole-berry cranberry sauce and 1/4 cup of butter), then place another breast piece on top.
- Take 1/2 (16-oz.) package of thawed phyllo dough, unroll it and cut in half lengthwise. Working with 8 strips of dough at a time, stack 2 strips together for a total of 4 stacks. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with a damp towel to prevent drying out.)
- Brush each stack with melted butter (totally you need 1/2 cup of butter). To make package, layer 2 sets of stacks to make an x, in center of dough stack and pull ends up together in the center, pinching ends closed at the top like a beggar's purse.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Repeat procedure with remaining ingredients. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Shield tops with aluminum foil during last 10 minutes of baking, if necessary.