Best Christmas cookie recipes
Naturally, Christmas is such a holiday when you’d like to pamper your family and friends with gifts and various goodies. Sweets are in special demand on the festive table and we can’t imagine Christmas without all kinds of cookie. Soit's the right time to find a couple of new recipes that will help you to please your loved ones. On the other hand, many people prefer to keep from experiments with festive meals, as there is always a chance to choose a bad recipe. But you can afford an opportunity to try new desserts with our best Christmas cookie recipes that got rave reviews from many of our users.
1. Christmas Cookies Recipe
The following recipe is winningly simple and fast - you don’t need much time to cook this version of Christmas cookie. And if you keep to a low-sodium diet, this recipe is sure to become one of your most favorite ones. Crispy pleasure is guaranteed!
- Grease a cookie sheet.
- Take 1 can of sweetened condensed milk, 1 cup of coconut and the same quantity of chopped nuts, ground graham cracker crumbs and pitted dates, add 1 tsp of vanilla and then mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonful on a prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 10-15 minutes, or until done.
2. Christmas Cookies Recipe
The next recipe is a real godsend for those who don’t mind spending about an hour in the kitchen forgetting really delicious Christmas cookie. In addition to a delicious taste you can impress your guests with fancy forms and various colors of this cookie - naturally, Christmas colors and shapes are welcomed!
- In a large mixing bowl combine the following ingredients (in order given):
1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
1 large egg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tartar
- Mix them all well.
- Chill dough 2-3 hours or until it is easy to handle.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut with various cookie cutters(you may have them floured).
- Place on a greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 7-8 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Cool on wire racks.
- In a small bowl combine 2 cups of confectioners sugar, 1/4 cup of light corn syrup and 2 tbsp of water.
- Transfer equal amounts of frosting into separate bowls.
- Add desired amount of butter/mint flavoring.
- Mix in food coloring.
- Frost cookies and refrigerate overnight.
3. Christmas Cookies Recipe
This is a great recipe which is good not only for short cooking time, but also for beautiful appearance and nice taste of the cookie. Elegantly topped by chocolate kisses these dessert will glam up your festive table and allow to get the well-deserved praise from your guests.
- Mix 2 large eggs, 1 cup of butter and the same quantity of creamy peanut butter, sugar and firmly packed brown sugar. Cream the ingredients until light and fluffy.
- Combine 4 cups of flour, 2 tsp of baking soda, 1 tsp salt and 2 tsp of vanilla, then sift the ingredients and gradually add to wet ingredients until mixed well.
- Form into small balls and roll in sugar (you’ll need approximately 1 cup of sugar).
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheet and flatten slightly with fingers, not too thin, just a little.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes.
- As soon as you remove cookies from oven, press a Hershey's Kiss into the center of the cookie (you'll need 2 packages of Hershey chocolate kisses). Then cool the cookies completely.
4. Christmas Cookies Recipe
This recipe is really attractive because you can treat your family and friends with cookie of different shapes, including traditional Christmas trees, stars, snowflakes, etc. Orange juice and vanilla, which are ingredients of the recipe, give the cookie an original taste.
- Cream 1 cup of butter and the same amount of sugar.
- Add 1 large egg, 2 1/2 cups of flour, 1 tsp of baking powder, 2 tbsp of orange juice and1 tsp of vanilla.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Chill at least 2-3 hours. Roll out.
- Cut in to shapes and bake in 400°F till edges are pale golden brown.
- Recipe easily doubled
5. Christmas Cookies Recipe
Exquisite taste of cinnamon and nutmeg, almond and candied fruit – don’t you want to try this wonderful dainty? The recipe is easy to cook and in the end you get rather dietary product with a low content of carb and sodium while saturated fat free.
- Sift together 6 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour, 2 tsp of baking soda, 1/4 tsp of salt, 1 tsp of cinnamon and 1/2 tsp of nutmeg in a bowl.
- In a separate large bowl beat up 1/4 cup of butter (or margarine) and 1 cup of sugar. Beat up until fluffy.
- Add 2 eggs, 1 cup of molasses and the same quantity of sour cream. Mix the ingredients until well blended.
- Stir in almonds and fruits (you’ll need 1 1/2 cups of chopped blanched almonds and 1 1/2 cups of candied mixed fruits).
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Cover bowl and chill in refrigerator for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Roll out dough to 1/8 inch thick on a lightly floured board.
- Cut with floured cookie cutters and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks and decorate as desired.
6. Christmas Cookies Recipe
The following recipe allows you to cook really sweet and eye candy cookie with various fruit and nuts. They are rather caloric but at the same time contain a large amount of fiberwhich is useful for the digestive tract. It won’t be difficult tobake these cookies even for a novice cook.
- Cream 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1 stick of margarine, 3/4 tsp of salt; add 2 beaten eggs and 1 1/2 tbsp of milk while continue beating.
- Add 1 1/2 tspof soda and 1 cup of orange juice.Sift2 cups of flour and add it, too.
- Prepare fruit and nuts as you would for fruit cake. You’ll need 1/2 lb. of raisins, 1 lb. of pecans or English walnuts, 1/4 lb. of candied pineapple, 1/2 lb. of dates (cut up) and1 lb. candied cherries.
- Use 1/2 cup of extra flour with fruit or dredge, also nuts.
- Drop by tsp. on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 until golden brown.
7. Christmas Cookies Recipe
This cookie is worth your attention for its recipe includes a variety of spices that give this dessert rather an unusual and pleasant taste. Add some spice to your Christmas table with this wonderful delicacy which may have any shape you’d like!
- Cream 1/2 cup of softened butter; gradually add 1 cup plus 2 1/2 tbsp of firmly packed brown sugar, mixing the ingredients thoroughly.
- Add 3 eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Dissolve 1/4 tsp of baking soda in 2 tbsp of water; add to creamed mixture and stir it well.
- Combine 4 to 4 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour, 1/2 tsp of baking powder, 2 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon, 3/4 tsp of ground allspice, 1/2 tsp of ground cloves and 1/2 tsp of ground cardamom; add to creamed mixture, mixing well.
- Divide dough in half; wrap in waxed paper, and chill at least 1 hour.
- Roll half of dough to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface; keep remaining dough chilled.
- Cut dough with assorted cookie cutters. Bake on lightly greased baking sheets at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
8. Christmas Cookies Recipe
The next cookie with sweet colored icing looks very festively and taste deliciously. With the help of cutters you can cut out different shapes showing all your imagination. The recipe includes affordable ingredients and is easy to cook while the result is always impressive.
- Mix 3/4 cup of shortening (half of this should be butter or margarine), 1 cup of sugar, 2 large eggs, 1 tsp of vanilla, 2 1/2 cups of flour, 1 tsp of baking powder and the same amount of salt.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Roll dough out on well floured surface.
- Cut out with cookie cutters.
- Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes, until pale golden brown on edges. Do not overbake.
- Allow cookies to cool on rack or plate.
- Combine 3 cups of powdered sugar, 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla and 2 tbsp of milk.
- Separate the icing into small bowls according to the number of colored icings you want.
- Add food colorings to each bowl.
- Ice and decorate cookies as desired.
9. Christmas Cookies Recipe
Your family and friends are sure to appreciate the perfect combination of ingredients - sweet and sour taste of cherries and dates to which adds pungent flavor of pecans. The cookie is amazingly easy to cook and the process will be the real pleasure as well as the result.
- Mix 1 cup of shortening, 2 cups of brown sugar (firmly packed) and 2 large eggs; add 1 tsp of salt and the same quantity of baking soda, 1/2 cup of buttermilk and 3 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Stir in 2 cups of chopped cherries, 2 cups of dates and 1 1/2 cups of pecans into batter.
- Chill 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Drop on cookie sheet by teaspoonfuls.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes.
10. Christmas Cookies Recipe
The following recipe includes many of ingredients among which various fruit and spice and this sophisticated combination guarantees the stunning effect you will produce by baking this cookie. Do not hesitate to spend some time for cooking this tasty Christmas dessert!
- Boil 4 cups of molasses and 6 cups of white sugar until the sugar dissolves. Let the syrup cool.
- Grind 4 cups of walnut halves, 3 cups of raisins, 3 cups of dried currants and 1 (8 oz) package of candied citron peel. Blend this together with 2 cups of butter or lard in a large bowl. Add the cooled syrup. Mix in the spices (2 tsp of ground cloves and the same amount of ground allspice, cinnamon and nutmeg), 2 tsp of anise oil, 4 eggs, 1 tsp of salt, and 2 cups of sour milk. Mix in 1 tbsp of baking soda and 16 cups of all-purpose flour. Rest the dough in the refrigerator for several days.
- The dough can be rolled out and cut, or shaped into rolls and sliced. Place on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 to 20 minutes. Cool on wire racks.