Walmart's Apricot-Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Ready In: 50 Minutes
The first time I walked into a Walmart store here in Orlando, I was just amazed at the size of the store! Never before had I seen any store this size in Oman or Dubai or India. I was just speechless as I walked through the whole store. I have a habit of picking up a momento of a place I go to for the first time and which I like. I picked up this recipe from the store:-) Those were the days when I missed Zaar like a fish without water!!! Hop you enjoy this!
1 cup onion, peeled,washed and chopped
1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
1 cup chopped apricots or 1 cup dried fruit
1/2 cup herb seasoned stuffing mix
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 teaspoon thyme
2 (1 1/4 lb) pork tenderloin
1. In a saucepan, saute onions in hot and melted margarine or butter until they are tender.
2. Stir in apricots, stuffing mix, 1/2 cup water and pecans.
3. Preheat your oven to 425F.
4. Trim fat from meat.
5. Make a cut down lengthwise down the tenderloins, cutting to within 1/2 inch of opposite side.
6. Spread open and cover the surface with plastic wrap.
7. Pound with the flat side of a meat mallet to 1/2 inch thickness.
8. Spoon half the fruit mixture over each tenderloin.
9. Working from a long side, roll up tenderloins to cover the stuffing.
10. Tuck in ends.
11. Tie at 1 inch intervals with a cotton kitchen twine.
12. Place tenderloins on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
13. Rub with thyme and pepper.
14. Roast foor 30-35 minutes or until the meat and stuffing reach 160F.
15. Remove twine, slice and serve.