Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 360 Minutes
Ready In: 380 Minutes
This is my husband's recipe. It is so simple and so delicious that I had to share it with you! I have added some optional instructions at the end. I have not tried the optional ingredients myself, but they sound like they would be very good. Try it and please let me know. I would appreciate the feedback. I have made this as a sandwich on buttered wheat bread with american cheese, alf alpha sprouts and sunflower seeds. Delicious!!! Enjoy!!
6 (5 ounce) cans tuna in water, drained
1 medium onion, finely diced
1 (10 ounce) jar dill or 1 (10 ounce) jar sweet relish
14 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup salad dressing
1/2 cup celery, finely chopped (optional)
1/2 cup carrot, grated (optional)
3/4 cup raisins (optional)
3/4 cup apple, finely chopped (optional)
1 -2 tablespoon minced garlic (optional)
1. In a large bowl, compine tuna and relish.
2. Dice onion and add to mixture.
3. chop or grate eggs and add to mixture.
4. Add 3/4 cup of mayo or salad dressing, then add rest as needed for desired consistency.
5. Add additional ingredients as desired.
6. Note: If you use sweet relish, use Mayonnaise. If you use dill relish, use salad dressing. helps to balance the sweet salty tastes.
7. refrigerate for 6-12 hours to let set and flavors marry.
8. Serve on bread as a sandwich, or use as a dip for potato or corn chips or crackers.
9. Note: Cooking time is actually chilling time.