1. Slice the bread into about 1 to 1-1/2-inch thick slices using a serrated knife.
2. In a small bowl mix together 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons soft butter (10 tablespoons) with olive oil, Parmesan cheese, garlic, oregano, and salt until well combined.
3. Add in black pepper to taste.
4. Spread the mixture over the bread slices.
5. Place the slices onto a baking sheet.
6. Broil for about 4 minutes or until slightly brown (watch closely these will brown quickly!).
7. Remove then sprinkle the mozzarella cheese onto each slice, return to broiler for about 2 minutes or until the cheese is lightly browned.
8. Serve immediately.