1. Combine tomatoes, garlic, celery, carrots, onion, zucchini and green pepper in a large pot. Add 3/4 cup water and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 25 minutes until sauce begins to thicken.
3. Soak sun-dried tomatoes in boiling water until softened. Drain, chop, and add to sauce.
4. Add wine, vinegar, bay leaves, salt, oregano, basil, sugar and peppers.
5. Continue to boil gently until sauce is desired consistency. This may take up to an hour.
6. Discard bay leaves and stir in parsley.
7. Ladle sauce into hot sterilized jars to within 1/2 inch of top and seal.
8. Process in a hot water bath 35 minutes for pints, 40 minutes for quarts.
9. Yield will vary according to your ingredients.
10. Use on pasta adding fresh herbs, grated cheese and/or additional vegetables. Add a protein such as beans, sausage or tofu for a complete meal. Stir into soups or stews. Add to casserole dishes. This sauce can be used in many ways.
11. Time does not include processing time.