Texas Governor's Mansion Cookies
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 Minutes
Ready In: 15 Minutes
These are the best cookies of all time.
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 cups old fashioned oats
2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
2 cups chopped pecans
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
3. In a very large bowl beat butter with electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
4. Gradually beat in sugars, combine thoroughly.
5. Add eggs one at a time beating after each addition.
6. Add vanilla.
7. Stir in flour mixture until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips, oats, coconut and chopped pecans.
8. For each cookie drop 1/4 cup dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet, place 3-inches apart.
9. Bake 15-17 minutes, until edges are lightly browned, rotate sheets half-way through baking.
10. Remove cookies from pans onto cooling racks.