Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 0 Minutes
Ready In: 20 Minutes
This recipe is in our city paper but is actually out of Bon Appetit September 1999 issue. Looks like a great summer recipe for those of you who enjoy liqueur. I hope that you enjoy this recipe.
2 pints strawberries, washed and stemmed
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup orange liqueur, such as grand marnier or cointreau
1 pint vanilla ice cream
1 cup heavy cream
1. Slice the strawberries.
2. In a large bowl, toss three quarters of them with the sugar and orange liqueur.
3. Refrigerate at least 1 hour to macerate.
4. Put the ice cream in the refrigerator to soften.
5. Put the cream and half the macerated strawberries in a cold mixing bowl.
6. With an electric mixer, whip to soft peaks, about 12 minutes.
7. Fold in the ice cream.
8. Distribute the cream among 6 chilled bowls.
9. Mix the plain sliced berries with the remaining macerated berries and place on top of the cream.