1. Lay your serviette square out flat before you. Fold it in half horizontally.
2. Take the serviette and fold it in half again vertically so that it is now a small square a quarter the size of the origonal square.
3. Only one corner of the square will have 4 open/loose edges, rotate your square so that it is a flat diamond shape with the open corner pointing downwards. We will call this the South corner, and the top corner opposite North.
4. Take the topmost layer of the South corner and bring it up to the North corner, crease the fold.
5. Turn the serviette over and bring the East and West points to the center point if your serviettes are small, if they are large, then bring then further than the half way point (about 1/3) and overlap the second point on top of the first.It the resulting width of the serviette should look pleasing so use your discretion according to the size of your serviette.
6. Carefully turn the serviette over, the North point faces downwards, the 3 remaining (ex) South points are now at the top. There is a pocket in the middle, into which a name tag, cutlery, flowers or a small gift can be inserted.