1. Divide head of cauliflower into florets that are roughly the same size.
2. Steam cauliflower pieces over boiling water for 15 to 20 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
3. Drain the cauliflower and toss it in a bowl of ice water to end the cooking process.
4. When the cauliflower has cooled, put the florets in a food processor along with 1/4 cup water.
5. Puree the cauliflower on high speed until smooth, but with some very small pieces of cauliflower remaining for just a bit of texture.
6. Pour all of the pureed cauliflower into a medium saucepan.
7. Dissolve the cornstarch in the remaining 1/2 cup of water and add the solution to the cauliflower.
8. Add the cream, sugar and remaining spices and stir.
9. Set the saucepan over medium heat and cook, sirring often for 5 to 10 minutes or until thick.