Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Ready In: 30 Minutes
This is a festive, crunchy, and fruity dessert. The pretzels in this recipe provide a crust for the filling of gelatin and pineapple.
1/2 (15 ounce) package pretzels, crushed
1 cup margarine, melted
1/4 cup white sugar
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 cup white sugar
2 cups boiling water
2 (10 ounce) packages frozen strawberries, thawed
1 (6 ounce) package strawberry flavored jell-o
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. In a medium bowl, combine crushed pretzels, melted margarine, and 1/4 cup sugar. Press mixture into a 9x13 inch baking pan.
3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool.
4. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, frozen whipped topping, and 1 cup sugar. Pour over pretzel crust.
5. In a large saucepan, combine boiling water and strawberry-flavored gelatin; bring to a boil. Stir in frozen strawberries. When it begins to thicken, pour over cream cheese filling. Serve.