Prep Time: 120 Minutes
Cook Time: 13 Minutes
Ready In: 133 Minutes
Letting the chicken soak up Italian dressing makes this so flavorful! This is another quick (once the chicken has marinated) and easy recipe from my files.
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1/2 cup italian dressing
1 small red bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced
1 small red onion, diced
1 (10 ounce) package refrigerated pizza crusts
3 tablespoons pesto sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1. Combine shredded chicken and Italian dressing. Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
3. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and then heat over medium-high heat. Add red pepper and onion, sauteing until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes.
4. Sprinkle a large cookie sheet with cornmeal. Place pizza crust dough on sheet and unroll. Pat into 14 x 10 inch rectangle.
5. Spread pesto over dough up to 1/2 from edges.
6. Top with 1 cup mozzarella.
7. Drain chicken and put on top with red pepper mixture.
8. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
9. Bake on bottom oven rack 8-10 minutes until crust is browned and cheese is melted.