1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade.
2. Halve the passion fruit lengthways and scoop the flesh and seeds into a bowl.
3. Cut a small slice of the bottom of the passion fruit shells and sit them side by side on a baking dish.
4. Gently warm the milk, but don't allow to boil.
5. Meanwhile, using a hand whisk, beat the egg yolk with about half the sugar until pale and light.
6. Whisk in the flour and then the milk, over a low heat, beating until smooth.
7. Cook gently for 2 minutes until thickened, then remove from the heat.
8. Stir in 2 Tbs of the passion fruit pulp and seeds.
9. Whisk the white until it forms soft peaks, then add the remaining suagr and whisk until fairly stiff.
10. Gently fold into the custard and then divide between the passion fruit shells.
11. Bake for 8 minutes until risen and golden.
12. Meanwhile, pass the remaining passion fruit pulp and seeds through a sieve into a small bowl.
13. Discard the seeds and reserve the juice.
14. Pour the juice into a small pan and heat gently for 2-3 minutes, stirring until slightly thickened.
15. Place 3 souffle shells on each of 4 serving plates and drizzle around the passion fruit juice.
16. Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately, as they will start to sink as soon as they come out of the oven.