1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium heat and add 1 teaspoon of salt.
2. Prep all of your ingredients and have them at ready, then start pasta. Cook the pasta approximately 8 minutes. If the pasta is done before prepping all the ingredients, add 3 cups cold water into pot to hold. (Water will still be hot, but will arrest cooking.) Drain when ready to use.
3. Rinse and pat dry the scallops. Slice in half on equator and pat dry again. Season with 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt and set aside.
4. In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil and butter over medium-high heat. When the butter has melted, add the scallops, cook for 1 to 2 minutes and turn over. When scallops are just cooked, remove from heat and set aside, keeping them warm.
5. Let the juices in pan reduce for 1 minute, then add the mushrooms and saute for 2 minutes. Stir in the garlic, red pepper flakes and black pepper. Toss to combine.
6. Add in the reserved scallops and half of the truffle oil. Add in the drained cooked pasta, then the arugula and gently toss or stir to combine. Transfer to a serving bowl and drizzle with remaining truffle oil, the shaved cheese and some freshly cracked black pepper.