Old Fashioned Diabetic Date Squares
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Ready In: 55 Minutes
Here is a great recipe for those to use lower sugars and still taste fantastic.Its a simple basic recipe but a real hit,if you like date squares.Once the Family tries them they will be asking for them on a constant demand.Has all the taste of regular sugared squares as well
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups becel margarine
1 1/4 cups splenda brown sugar
1 1/2 cups quick rolled oats
2 1/2 cups chopped dates
3/4 cup cold water
2 tablespoons splenda brown sugar
grated rind from 1/2 orange
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine flour,baking powder,baking soda,and salt.
3. Rub in butter until mixture is crumbly.
4. Add sugar and oats.
5. Mix well.
6. Spread half of crumb mixture into 9 x9 greased baking pan,patting mixture until firm and smooth.
7. Cook dates,with water,orange rind ,orange juice,lemon and sugar in a saucepan till smooth and thick.
8. Cool mixture.
9. Add to bottom layer of oat mixture.
10. Add remaining oats to top of dates.
11. Spread out evenly.
12. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned.
13. Cool and cut into squares to your liking.
14. Enjoy these great Date squares.