1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine flour,baking powder,baking soda,and salt.
3. Rub in butter until mixture is crumbly.
4. Add sugar and oats.
5. Mix well.
6. Spread half of crumb mixture into 9 x9 greased baking pan,patting mixture until firm and smooth.
7. Cook dates,with water,orange rind ,orange juice,lemon and sugar in a saucepan till smooth and thick.
8. Cool mixture.
9. Add to bottom layer of oat mixture.
10. Add remaining oats to top of dates.
11. Spread out evenly.
12. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned.
13. Cool and cut into squares to your liking.
14. Enjoy these great Date squares.