Noodles With Sour Cream & Spinach
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 60 Minutes
Ready In: 75 Minutes
This is a comfort food with a small amount of vegetable added.
8 ounces curly wide egg noodles
salt, to taste
1 cup sour cream (8oz)
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup creamy cottage cheese
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
freshly ground coarse black pepper, to taste
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
4 ounces fresh spinach, stems removed or
4 ounces frozen spinach, chopped, thawed & drained
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cook the noodles in salted water according to pkg directions.
3. Spray 5(1 cup) ramekins or casserole dish with cooking spray.
4. Fill a pan slightly bigger than the ramekins or casserole dish with very hot tap water and place in oven as it preheats.
5. When the noodles cook, whisk the eggs, then whisk in the sour cream, then stir in the 2 cheeses, salt, black pepepr, onion powder, garlic powder, dry mustard, and nutmeg.
6. Drain the noodles and return them to the hot pan.
7. Stir in the spinach, stirring gently to let the hot noodles slightly cook spinach, a couple of minutes.
8. Stir in the egg mxiture.
9. Transfer to the ramekins/casserole dish.
10. Place the ramekins/casserole in the water-filled container in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes for the ramekins or about 50-60 minutes for the casserole dish.