Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Ready In: 45 Minutes
These delicious shells are stuffed with a meaty sauce. The recipe is so easy but it tastes like the entire day was spent cooking. I made this meal for dinner with my boyfriend and his mother. It was perfect when paired with cheesy garlic bread. She was so impressed with how well it tasted and continues to rave about it even now.
12 -16 large shell macaroni
1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
1 medium chopped green pepper (1/2 cup)
1 medium chopped onion (1/2 cup)
1 garlic clove, minced
1 (24 -26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
1/3 cup dry italian style breadcrumbs
1 beaten egg
1/4 teaspoon pepper
grated parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook pasta according to directions on box. Drain pasta. Rinse.
2. In a large skillet cook ground beef or turkey, green pepper, onion, and garlic until meat is brown. Drain fat.
3. In a medium bowl combine egg with bread crumbs, pepper, and 1/3 cup of spaghetti sauce. Add meat mixture; mix well.
4. Fill shells with meat mixture and place in a 13x9 inch baking dish. Combine remaining meat mixture with spaghetti sauce. Pour the sauce over filled shells. Cover the dish with foil.
5. Bake shells for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through. To serve, arrange shells on a plate and spoon sauce over top. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired.