Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Ready In: 40 Minutes
Adapted from Real Simple on line. Easier and less labor intensive than regular risotto and still good. Add in lots of differnet toppings at the end or have plain.
2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 medium onion, finely chopped
salt and black pepper
1 cup arborio rice
1/2 cup dry white wine
3 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth, plus more if needed
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the onion, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 6 to 8 minutes.
3. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the wine and simmer until absorbed.
4. Add half the broth (1 3/4 cups) and simmer, stirring once, until absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes.
5. Add the remaining broth and simmer, stirring once, until the rice is tender and creamy, 8 to 10 minutes. (If the rice is not cooked through and the mixture is dry, add more broth and continue to cook until tender.)
6. Stir in the Parmesan and the remaining half tablespoon of butter. Sprinkle with the parsley and additional Parmesan, if desired.