Low Carb Brownies With Chocolate Frosting
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Ready In: 35 Minutes
Finally! a great tasting brownie that taste's like it wasn't low carb! I found the recipe online someplace and made my own changes. The frosting can be added,(its great that way) or left off. Made with almond flour.It keeps really great in the frig, also.
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
1 1/4 cups splenda granular (sugar substitute )
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups almond meal
6 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
3 tablespoons butter, softened
5 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 cup splenda granular (sugar substitute )
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with baking spray.
2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in the chocolate and sweetener. Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time, scraping the bowl well after each addition. Add the coffee and extracts. Beat until combined.
3. Add the almond meal, cocoa, salt, and baking powder to the chocolate mixture and beat well.
4. Stir in the chopped pecans.
5. Scrape into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
6. -Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the top is firm. Cool on a wire rack before frosting.
8. Mix all ingredients ina bowl, and beat combined. Spread over brownies. Be sure they are cool before frosting.