Prep Time: 1440 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Ready In: 1450 Minutes
delicious!!! to prepare lime sugar you will need 6 limes and 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar..remove zest from limes with vegetable peeler..cut away white pith..chop zest ..be sure you have at least 1/2 cup...then grind in a food processor..with sugar till mixture is pale green with bits of zest still visible...make at least 3 days before using...keep chilled...sugar becomes aerated in food processor...this is good in iced tea or sprinkled on frest fruit..etc..
6 tablespoons butter, softened
2 tablespoons crisco, cold
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup lime sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups flour
1. beat crisco and butter, granulated sugar and 2 tbls lime sugar.with mixer till light and fluffy -beat in egg and vanilla. sift in flour, baking powder and salt.
2. sprinkle dry ingredients over egg mixture and then beat at low speed till well combined. form dough into a 10 log.2 in diameter on waxed paper.
3. roll in waxed paper and chill dough in refrigerator till firm - at least 4 hours.I usually let it set overnight. cut logs into 1/4 round.
4. Preheat oven to 375*. bake 10-12 minutes or pale golden brown. after baking immediately transfer to rack over sheet of waxed paper.
5. sprinkle tops with additional lime sugar.
6. cool completely-these are delicious.