1. beat crisco and butter, granulated sugar and 2 tbls lime sugar.with mixer till light and fluffy -beat in egg and vanilla. sift in flour, baking powder and salt.
2. sprinkle dry ingredients over egg mixture and then beat at low speed till well combined. form dough into a 10 log.2 in diameter on waxed paper.
3. roll in waxed paper and chill dough in refrigerator till firm - at least 4 hours.I usually let it set overnight. cut logs into 1/4 round.
4. Preheat oven to 375*. bake 10-12 minutes or pale golden brown. after baking immediately transfer to rack over sheet of waxed paper.
5. sprinkle tops with additional lime sugar.
6. cool completely-these are delicious.