1. 1. In a medium sauce, combine oil, jalapeno peppers, garlic, cumin, onion and salt.
2. 2. Cook 4 - 5 minutes over high heat.
3. 3. Add water, reduce heat to a simmer and cook 20 minutes, stirring often.
4. 4. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
5. 5. Transfer to a food processor, add the cilantro and puree until smooth.
6. 6. If it seems a bit thick to you add some water or beer.
7. 7. Pour into a sterilized jar with a tight lid.
8. Never had it last very long but reckon it will stay fresh about 3 months in the refrigerator! This is hot but should not cause encendido rojo rulacho, maybe.