2. Preheat oven to 325°F.
3. In mixing bowl beat sugar and oil until sugar dissolves, beat in egg yolks, milk, baking powder, baking soda, salt and vanilla.
4. Add flour beat in till just blended, add mashed bananas.
5. In a clean bowl with clean beaters beat egg whites until foamy, add cream of tartar, Beat until whites hold soft peak.
6. Fold a little of the whites into batter, then fold in remaining whites.
7. Divide batter evenly between two greased and floured 8-inch round cake pans.
8. Bake 35-45 minutes until a tooth pick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
9. Remove from oven and let cool.
11. In a 1 to 2-quart sauce pan stir in brown sugar, water and corn syrup cook over medium heat until mixture reaches 325° on a candy thermometer.
12. Beat 2 egg whites until they hold a soft peak.
13. Now slowly beat hot syrup mixture into egg whites.
14. Cut up the marshmallows into pieces add this to hot syrup mixture along with the vanilla.
15. Stir to smoothly blend.
17. Remove one layer from pan and set on a cake plate.
18. Spread 1/2 cup frosting over top, set second layer on top of that.
19. Spread remaining frosting over top and sides of cake.
20. Garnish with the sliced bananas and chocolate curls.