1. Heat 1 cup of canola or other vegetable oil in a pan. In a small pot, heat up the marinara sauce (or use microwave).
2. Whisk eggs and milk together in a bowl or pie tin. In a second pie bowl or pie tin, combine bread crumbs with all of the herbs and spices. Place flour in a third bowl or pie tin.
3. Coat each piece of cheese with flour. Dip in egg and roll in bread crumbs.
4. Dip in egg and bread crumbs a second time, making sure that the entire piece of cheese is coated in crumbs.
5. Carefully place each cheese stick in the hot oil and cook until golden, about a minute on each side. Place on paper towels to absorb excess oil. Serve hot.
6. Leftovers can be frozen and reheated in the oven.