Glazed Lemon-Blueberry Poppy Seed Bundt Cake
Prep Time: 0 Minutes
Cook Time: 0 Minutes
Ready In: 0 Minutes
Fresh blueberries and lemon juice make great flavor partners in this berry-filled bundt cake topped with a sweet and tangy citrus glaze. Garnish with fresh blueberries and ribbons of lemon rind.
1 1/2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
4 large eggs
13 3/4 ounces all-purpose flour (about 3 cups)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
3/4 cup nonfat buttermilk
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon extract
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon nonfat buttermilk
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. To prepare cake, coat a 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray; dust with breadcrumbs.
3. Combine granulated sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes). Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through salt); stir with a whisk. Add blueberries to flour mixture; toss to coat. Combine 3/4 cup buttermilk, 1/3 cup juice, and extracts. Add flour mixture and buttermilk mixture alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Pour batter into prepared pan.
4. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan; cool on rack.
5. To prepare glaze, place powdered sugar in a small bowl; add 1 tablespoon buttermilk and 1 tablespoon juice, stirring with a whisk until combined. Pour glaze over warm cake; cool completely.