Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 55 Minutes
Ready In: 75 Minutes
This wonderful casserole is the best 'breakfast casserole' I have ever eaten. It could easily be served at any time of day. I first ate it at a Wedding Shower and could hardly wait for the bride's mother to get the recipe for me from the Aunt who lived in another state. I am posting the recipe exactly as I received it...however I would personally increase the salt to 1 teaspoon instead of the 1/4th teaspoon since I remember adding salt when I ate it before.
3 cups frozen hash browns
3/4 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
1 cup cubed cooked ham
1/4 cup green onion, well chopped
4 well beaten eggs
1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Grease 2 quart rectangular baking dish.
2. Arrange potatoes evenly on bottom of baking dish.
3. Sprinkle with cheese, ham, onions.
4. Combine milk and eggs and seasonings.
5. Pour over potatoes and cheese.
6. Refrigerate over night.
7. Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes until set.
8. Let rest 5 minute.