1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. Sift dry ingredients into 9x13 inch cake pan. Make 3 dents, put the vegetable oil in one, vanilla in another and vinegar in the third. Pour two cups water over all of it and stir 50 times.
3. Bake for 45 minutes.
4. When mostly cooled, make the frosting.
5. For the frosting:.
6. In a small saucepan, combine sugar, butter and milk. Boil - stirring constantly for 1 minute ONLY. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until smooth.
7. Pour over slightly warm cake.
8. NOTES: I always use a clear Pyrex cake pan to make sure all the dry ingredients are fully incorporated.
9. There is no need to spread the frosting over the cake, it will smooth itself out.