Prep Time: 0 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Ready In: 20 Minutes
The last recipe of my Eggplant Spreads in Three Ways..this one is bright, fresh-tasty due to the lemon yet is creamy and decadent due to the tahini (sesame paste) - Enjoy with your favorite sliced rustic bread (I'm serving it with my Rustic Sun-Dried Tomato Bread which is just now baking in the oven or serve it work warm grilled pita bread.
1 large cooked eggplant (yield roughly 1-1/2 cups of eggplant) chopped up into small bits – it will be mushy looking – so hang in there.
3 cloves fresh garlic – minced
1/3-1/2 cup of tahini (sesame paste)
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
2 tablespoons water
juice of one fresh lemon
1 tablespoon good olive oil drizzled over final product
1. Take rinsed eggplant and either grill (like when you are roasting green peppers) on your outside grill or inside grill pan (like I did - see photos) turning it over every so often, till it seems very mushy inside.
2. No grill pan or outside grill? No Problem! Place eggplant in tinfoil loosely wrapped onto a cookie sheet and bake in oven for 20-30 minutes say at 350 degrees.
3. Let eggplant cool, you can also put plastic over it (see photo the way I did) to help skin loosen from the fruit inside. That was the hardest part of this dish!
4. Gently remove skin from eggplant, and chop into small bits, it will be very mushy but keep seeds in and set aside.
5. In bowl, put tahini, 2 tablespoons water – start stirring till the color of tahini gets lighter and stir till smooth.
6. Take juice of one lemon and put into bowl and stir with tahini.
7. Add all other ingredients including chopped eggplant and stir.
8. Taste-test and add more salt and pepper if you would like.
9. Drizzle good olive oil over final dish just prior to serving.
10. Chill till ready to serve.