1. Bake almonds and coconut in shallow pans at 350°, stirring often, 5 to 10 minutes or until toasted.
2. Cut pears in half lengthwise; remove and discard cores. Place pear halves in a shallow dish. Add 1 quart water and lemon juice; let stand 10 to 15 minutes. Drain.
3. Bring 2 quarts water and curry powder to a boil in a Dutch oven; add pear. Reduce heat, and simmer 6 to 8 minutes or until tender; drain.
4. Combine almonds, coconut, chicken, celery, and green onions; stir in Coconut-Orange Dressing. Spoon evenly into pear halves, and place in a 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
5. Broil 3 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially open) 2 to 3 minutes or until tops are lightly browned. Serve on lettuce-lined plates.