1. With sharp knife, slice about 1 off top of each.
2. artichoke; cut off stem near base.
3. With scissors, trim about 1/2 off top of each leaf.
4. With sharp knife, halve each artichoke vertically; then scoop out and discard the fuzzy center of choke.
5. Place artichoke halves in your crock pot; add hot water and lemon slices.
6. Cover and cook on HIGH 4 to 5 hours or low for 8 to 10 hours or until done.
7. Drain and serve with Lemon Butter Sauce, as below.
8. LEMON BUTTER SAUCE-.
9. Combine all ingredients.