1. Sprinkle sliced strawberries with 2 tablespoons sugar; cover and chill until ready to serve.
2. Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add 2 1/2 cups sugar, beating well.
3. Add eggs, l at a time, beating until combined.
4. Stir in flour by hand just until moistened.
5. Stir in salt and vanilla.
6. Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
7. Bake at 300° for 1 hour and 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
8. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan, and let cool completely on wire rack.
9. Cut into slices.
10. Beat whipping cream and 3 tablespoons sugar at high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
11. Serve with cake; top with strawberry mixture, and drizzle with Strawberry Syrup.
12. Garnish, if desired.
13. Note: Great results for this recipe were gotten from using a hand mixer and then stirring the flour in by hand.
14. High-powered stand mixers can over beat some pound cakes, giving them a tough texture.