Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 0 Minutes
Ready In: 20 Minutes
I got this a little while ago. It is quite fatning, but very delicious!
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon butter, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
1 cup coconut flakes
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon shortening
1. In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
2. Now add the sugar and coconut, and mix in well.
3. Refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours or until easy to handle.
4. Using hands dusted with powdered sugar, mould rounded tablespoonfuls of coconut mixture into egg shapes.
5. Place on waxed paper lined baking sheet.
6. Freeze for 2 hours or until slightly firm.
7. Melt chocolate chips and shortening.
8. Remove eggs from the freezer a few at a time.
9. Dip into chocolate mixture until completely coated.
10. Return to waxed paper.
11. Refrigerate until hardened.
12. Store in the refrigerator.