Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 55 Minutes
Ready In: 65 Minutes
This recipe is more like a cobbler than a cake, and so easy to prepare! Just dump the ingredients into the pan one by one and bake. Would be great for a baby or bridal shower or another celebration. Enjoy!
1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
3/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup grated frozen unsweetened coconut, thawed
1 cup chopped pecans
vanilla ice cream, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (if using a glass baking pan lower oven temperature to 325 degrees). Make sure the rack is in the center position.
2. Spoon the pineapple evenly over the bottom of an ungreased 13 x 9 pan.
3. Add the layer of cherry filling over the pineapple.
4. Add the dry cake mixture, spread evenly so that it reaches all sides of the pan.
5. Drizzle the entire pan with melted butter.
6. Sprinkle the coconut and pecans evenly over the top of the cake.
7. Bake 55 to 60 minutes, until the cake is a deep brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
9. Serve with vanilla ice cream on top!