Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 60 Minutes
Ready In: 90 Minutes
This is a great recipe, and it melts in your mouth. Whenever I make this, it is gone in two days, or sooner!
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon corn syrup
3 tablespoons water
1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Butter sides of heavy saucepan.
2. Cook the butter, sugar, corn syrup, and water over medium heat until it reaches 290 degrees, stirring constantly.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Spread coarsely chopped nuts evenly on a 9x9 baking pan.
5. Pour sugar mixture onto baking pan.
6. Spread to edges with a wooden spoon.
7. Place finely chopped nuts on sugar mixture.
8. Place chocolate chips on top of sugar mixture, then wait for them to melt.
9. Once the chocolate chips melt, spread them evenly around sugar mixture and nuts.
10. Put in cool place to harden.
11. Break into pieces, and store covered in a refrigerator.