1. Butter sides of heavy saucepan.
2. Cook the butter, sugar, corn syrup, and water over medium heat until it reaches 290 degrees, stirring constantly.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Spread coarsely chopped nuts evenly on a 9x9 baking pan.
5. Pour sugar mixture onto baking pan.
6. Spread to edges with a wooden spoon.
7. Place finely chopped nuts on sugar mixture.
8. Place chocolate chips on top of sugar mixture, then wait for them to melt.
9. Once the chocolate chips melt, spread them evenly around sugar mixture and nuts.
10. Put in cool place to harden.
11. Break into pieces, and store covered in a refrigerator.