Chocolate P-Nut Butter Pie - Shenanigan's Restaurant, Tacoma, Wa
Prep Time: 35 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Ready In: 50 Minutes
Incredibly thick, sweet and rich pie with an exotic blend of spices that combine to create a sensational flavor. Unforgettable! Slice extraordinarily thin - many people find it difficult to finish even one tiny slice!
1 1/2 cups crushed chocolate cream filled cookies
1/4 cup course ground almonds
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon mace
1/8 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
1/4 cup melted butter
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 tablespoon dark rum (capt. morgan's spiced rum)
1 cup whipping cream
1 tablespoon vanilla
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 tablespoon melted butter
4 ounces semisweet chocolate
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons oil
1/4 cup chopped peanuts
1. Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie.
2. Make the Chocolate Cookie Crust:.
3. 1 1/2 cup crushed chocolate cream filled cookies.
4. 1/4 cup course ground amonds.
5. 1/4 cup sugar.
6. 1/4 t. cinnamon.
7. 1/8 t. mace.
8. 1/8 t. fresh grated nutmeg.
9. 1/4 cup melted butter.
10. 1 T. vanilla.
11. 1 T. dark rum (Capt. Morgan's spiced rum).
12. Combine cookie crumbs, sugar, cinnamon, mace, nutmeg and almonds. Melt butter; add vanilla and rum. Pour butter mixture into crumbs and toss to blend well. Spray 9-inch pie plate with Pam. Press crumbs evenly into bottom and sides of pan. Set aside in cool place.
13. Make the Pie filling:.
14. 1 cup whipping cream.
15. 1 T. vanilla.
16. 8 oz. cream cheese, softened.
17. 1 cup sugar.
18. 1 cup peanut butter.
19. 1 T. melted butter.
20. Beat whipping cream until firm peaks form, then beat in vanilla. In separate bowl beach cream cheese until fluffy. Slowly beat in sugar, peanut butter and melted butter. Blend 1/3 of whipped cream mixture into peanut butter mixture. Fold in remaining whipped cream. Turn into Chocolate cookie crust, smoothing top with spatula. Wrap with plastic and chill two hours or overnight.
21. Make the Chocolate Topping:.
22. 4 oz. semi sweet chocolate.
23. 2 T. butter.
24. 2 T. oil.
25. Combine all 3 ingredients in a double boiler or micro dish. Cook slowly until chocolate melts. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Spread evenly over top of cooled pie, starting at the center and working outward.
26. Sprinkle top of pie with 1/4 cup chopped peanuts.
27. Slice extraordinarily thin - many people find it difficult to finish even one tiny slice!