1. Set aside 1/2 cup mango. Place remaining mango in a blender jar with the ice and a bit of sugar if the mango is not very sweet.
2. Process until it is smooth, but not so long that it melts.
3. In a tall glass, place enough bits of mango to cover the bottom of the glass, then add a few teaspoons or more of chamoy, enough to make a distinctive red layer. Next, pour a few inches of mango ice, depending on how tall the glass is, to about halfway.
4. On top of that, make another layer of diced mango, then more chamoy. Top with more mango ice, almost to the top of the glass.
5. Add a final layer of chamoy. Add a few pieces of diced mango, then sprinkle some chunks of tamarind candy on top.
6. Serve immediately with a fat straw and a spoon.