1. In a non stick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add Chicken in batches, and brown on all sides.
3. Transfer browned chicken to slow cooker stoneware.
4. Reduce the heat on the frying pan to medium.
5. Add to the frying pan the onions and celery and cook, stirring until softened.
6. Add garlic, curry powder, chili powder, allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon stick and bay leaf and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
7. Sprinkle flour over mixture and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
8. Add chicken broth, bring to a boil and cook, stirring, until thickened, Stir in apples and raisins.
9. Pour the mixture from the frying pan over the chicken in the slow cooker, cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 Hours, or on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, until juices run clear when the chicken is pierced with a fork.
10. Stir in coconut milk and cook until heated through.
11. Discard cinnamon stick and bay leaf before serving.
12. Serve with rice.
13. Note: This is a mild curry so if you like things hotter you might want to adjust your seasonings a bit.