Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Ready In: 35 Minutes
This combination I use either on croutons or as a salad dressing
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon season salt
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 loaves white bread, crusts removed. cut into 1/4-1/2 inch cubes
1. Add lemon zest, garlic powder, pepper,oreagno, parmesan cheese, parsley season salt, olive oil, fresh lemon juice mix with stick blender or whisk together well.
2. In large bowl mix bread cubes with caeser dressing and mix well.
3. Bake on two large cookie sheets 350 for about 15-20 minutes or until toasted. Stirring every 5 minutes. Ovens may vary a bit so watch closely.
4. Cool compelety and store in air tight container.
5. I buy day old bread and put in freezer then when Im ready to make crutons I take the bread out for about an hour then cube it, makes it a little easier, but make sure they are to room temp and soft before adding the ceasar mix.
6. Save the crusts and toast in oven and make bread crumbs.
7. When Im making caesar salad I use this recipe and add 2-3 anchovy fillets. A nice change from creamy dressings.