Prep Time: 0 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Ready In: 30 Minutes
A TYPICAL FALL SOUP READY FOR THE HEARTY APPETITE AND TAKES THE CHILL OUT'''COMFORTING ESPECIALLY WITH HOME BAKED FRESH BREAD.
butternut squash soup
1 butternut squash, about 2 pounds
2 tablespoons peanut oil
1 cup chopped onion
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped garlic
1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot
1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups chicken stock
1/4 cup heavy cream
1. BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
2. Cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds.
3. Peel the squash and cut into 1 inch pieces.
4. In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat.
5. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until they begin to brown, about 5 minutes.
6. Add the carrot, cumin, salt, and pepper. Cook for 1 minute, and then add squash, and chicken stock.
7. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15- 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
8. Remove from the heat and puree the soup using an immersion blender, or transfer to a blender or food processor.
9. Puree until smooth. Return to the heat, add the cream and adjust the seasonings.