1. In a stockpot, melt the butter and add the celery, carrots, and onions. Cook until slightly tender.
2. Add the flour and coat the vegetables and continue to cook for approximately 2 minutes. Then add the chicken stock and continue cooking. Stir until the liquid begins to thicken.
3. Add the chicken and heavy cream and stir to combine the cream. Increase heat to bring soup almost to a boil. Add the hot sauce (if you're from Buffalo, you know Frank's is one of the better ones, but there are many out there that are just as good or better) and cheddar cheese and continue stirring until very well incorporated.
4. Serve in heated bowls and garnish with bleu cheese crumbles.
5. ***(The prep and cooking times are estimated and do not include cooking chicken time).