Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Ready In: 60 Minutes
A great breakfast or brunch for guests. Easy to prepare, and delicious. I've made it on a pizza round in kind of a pin wheel fashion. If you just do the outer ring it looks like a wreath. You may use cream cheese instead of cheddar cheese if you wish.
1 pound ground sausage
1 (10 ounce) package chopped frozen broccoli, thawed
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent roll dough
1 egg white
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
3. Place thawed broccoli in a small saucepan, cover and cook over medium-low heat until tender, about 5 minutes.
4. In a large bowl, mix together sausage, broccoli, sour cream and cheese.
5. Place 1 package of crescent rolls flattened on a 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover with broccoli mixture. Place remaining crescent rolls on top of mixture and pinch seams to seal. Brush top with egg white.
6. Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes.