1. Mix together dry ingredients.
2. Rub liberally all over the ribs on both sides. (For more flavor penetration, pull off membrane from the bone side of ribs).
3. Cover with plastic wrap or vacuum seal bag and place in the refrigerator overnight.
4. Heat smoker/cooker to at least 250°F and keep between 250-300°F.
5. Pour 2 cups of the apple juice in water pan to steam the ribs with.
6. Add soaked hardwood chips or smoking wood of your choice to the smoker.
7. Amount of smoke is up to you.
8. After about 3 hours, internal temperature of the meat should be around 170°F In order to make the meat a bit more tender, wrap the ribs in foil and spray or drizzle some remaining apple juice on the ribs, closing the foil around them until desired tenderness is achieved. Don't drown the ribs in juice but moisten them, about another hour or so.
9. If sauce is desired, mop it on the ribs the last 30 minutes or so of cooking.