Banana Oatmeal Cake with Caramel Fudge Frosting
Prep Time: 0 Minutes
Cook Time: 0 Minutes
Ready In: 0 Minutes
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup rolled oats
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups bananas, mashed
3/4 cup buttermilk
1. In medium bowl mix together flour, rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
2. In large bowl, with electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs and vanilla, beating well.
4. Add dry ingredients alternately with bananas and buttermilk, mixing lightly after each addition.
5. Pour batter into greased 13 x 9 inch (32 x 23 cm) cake pan.
6. Bake at 350 F ( 180 C) for 35 - 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
7. Cool completely on cake rack.
8. Ice with Caramel Fudge Frosting.
9. Frosting: 1/3 cup butter 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar 1/4 cup milk, 2% 2 cups sifted icing suga r Melt butter in saucepan.
10. Stir in brown sugar.
11. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
12. Boil and stir over low heat 2 minutes.
13. Stir in milk.
14. Heat to boiling.
15. Remove from heat. Gradually stir in icing sugar.
16. Spread on cooled cake. Yield: 24 servings Garnish plate with a sliced strawberry and banana slices that have been dipped in orange or lemon juice.