1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. With a meat cleaver, hack the chocolate bars and nuts to pieces.
3. In a large bowl, beat the butter and the sugars until creamy.
4. Beat in the eggs and the vanilla.
5. Add the flour and baking soda, beat until smooth.
6. Toss in the chocolate chunks and nuts.
7. Refrigerate the cookie dough for a couple of hours before baking.
8. Violently throw the batter by tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet-aim so that the cookies land 2 inches apart.
9. Bake until golden, about 10-12 minutes.
10. Using a spatula, pry the cookies loose from the baking sheet, and allow them to vent on wire racks.
11. NOTE: You may substitute chocolate and white chocolate chips for the bars, but then there's no fun in that!